Monday, January 17, 2011

Olfactive Flashback IV.

I just bought lamb leather insoles. The boots I have fallen in love with in Cannes was onlyavailable in one size bigger than my actual size.

Hardly opened the packaging, when still from far, it hit me right on the nose. The lamb leather insoles smells like concentrated hot milk in aluminium vessel. I was backto 5 (I think so far this is the earliest olfactive flashback I have ever had! Smells like aGuinness record!:). In the small village outside the map where my mum was born, we used to go to take milk from the producing factory near my grandmother's house. My mum'sgrandmother, who used to work there, always smelled like hot creamy milk, and I justrealized why when I entered the production site in mind.

Vapor of boiling milk everywhere,the steam was hot and suffocatingly intense. The lactic aromas in the air mixed with thesterilizing products used to clean the aluminium / tin vessels for the clients, before filling it with freshly pasteurized milk.
Get back in time took less than 1 second, but I spent the whole day on trying to recreate thehot milky scent in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment