Monday, October 11, 2010

Olfactive Flashback II.

It was in NYC this summer. I went to buy a pair of dance shoes, and as I stepped out of the shop, the smell of my first kiss hit me right on the face. More precisely, on my nostrils.

I started sniff around like a well trained hunting dog to discover the source of the scent and I realized it is coming from a middle age stranger who wears the same cologne than my first love, Endre, some 18 years ago.

I followed him for a few blocks while memories were standing impatiently in line on my mind, waiting to get their turn. I remembered that I made a deal with God, I told him I am going to believe He exists if Endre kissed me. Truth is, Endre did kiss me, but I am still having doubts about God...

Because of that scent, evaporating from the skin of an unknown and moderately distasteful stranger in NYC, I lived the moment again, when Endre took delicately my chin, lifted it slowly and softly kissed my lips. I remember I was concentrating so much that I accidentally left my eyes open.
I found again the taste of his mouth, the smell of his neck, the touch of his beautiful full lips. I couldn't help feeling light, careless and in love with Endre.

I begged my current boyfriend's sorry silently and let myself to enjoy to the fullest the scented memories so well hidden in my head until just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment