Monday, October 11, 2010

Peony and Rose

As usually, we were discussing perfume accords with my fellows during dinner. We talked about how Rose and Peony were two accords widely used in perfumery in 2009.

Rose accord is used mostly to replace the 5000 EUR/kg priced Bulgarian Rose oil, and Peony for me was really just a "fresher", more trendy way to call the rose accord. There is indeed an olfactory difference: Peony is more soft, more spicy and citrusy than rose and lacks the strong honey effect of it as well. Probably because of that, I always think of Peony as the little sister of Rose, who only arrives until the knee of its famous sibling.

What if Peony is not a baby, innocent version of Rose, but Peony is Rose when it gets out of bed after sex with all her hair messed up?!

Ashley's way of seeing Peony marked me and urged me to go home and rework my baby-rose accord to become a femme fatale Peony. I love having creative friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment