Thursday, April 8, 2010

Inspiration

It was after a concert of Lisa Ekhdal in Nice that I experienced it the first time.

I was driving home around midnight, enjoyed the radio, tried not to fall asleep. Suddenly, there was an issue with the radio, as if some other radio wave would disturb the reception. After a few minutes of disturbed transmission, I have decided to switched it off, and to refresh myself I opened a bit the window.

I sniffed from the fresh humid green air and that sniff has changed my life.

There was no more time, I was not in the road, I was not even too much conscious of driving, and I only sensed this scent. This certainly divine creation, which was so familiar for me.
In a fraction of a second, I was in my home country in the provinces, where I had spent most of my summer holidays of my childhood, in a small village off any existing map.
I was back to being 5 years old, holding my mum's hand, walking towards the castle, touching the rusty, dark green wrought iron fences on our way, caressing animals on my grandmother's court, hiding behind my mum's skirt from curious locals who I didn't know.
I was walking on the white pillared bridge towards the sad willow on the other side of the streamlet, and I smelled that beautiful spring breeze mixing the willow with all my childhood memories from this village.
I was drunk from inspiration. I was stunned, dazzled. I tried to make all this scent mine for the last drop. I wanted to describe it so that I will remember it when it is gone - because I knew it will be gone soon. I desperately searched for raw materials that could add to this effect, but I could only notice Love, Harmony and Peace.
I was not about to drive through any miracle like this, so I stopped the car in the middle of the road, stepped out of it, caring about no horn or insult, I needed to have more of it so that maybe I learn more about its structure.
I sniffed around outside the car, and I realised it was not coming from outside.
The smell was inside my nose. It was inside me. That beautiful divine scent was coming from somewhere deep inside of me.

The miracle only lasted for a minute at most, but it was enough to turn me into an obsessed one, who is searching for that sensation for the rest of her life.
Since than, I am praying every day to God, or anybody "in charge", to show me the smell of Love, Harmony and Peace again.

No comments:

Post a Comment