Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you kidding me?

I happened to get to know that my position in the company has stricty nothing to do with my capacities as a perfumer, since I was hired more or less to be the girlfriend of the boss's son.

I first hoped that this rumeur is just a final attempt from a recently fired family member to throw more dirt on her ex employer, but it actually does makes sense!!!

From the first day on, I felt as if the directrice had said just a bit too many times that his son has prepared the laboratory for me. I also never experienced my boss being ever sooooo nice to me, but the only time when I was supposed to join the group of employees going to see the Nice - Grasse football match with his son.
It finally makes sense that during the first few weeks, I had the impression that nobody dared to talk to me, I got to know the reason for that is everybody being aware that I am "already preserved".
I one time even overheard when one of the commercial said to a guy I worked together for that day that he should pay attention "not to step on the boss' exclusive territory".
I naivly thought that already there is a fight over who is working with me the most, taken into consideration my prescious talent and special sensitivity to scents. Aham, exactly!

During many days, as a first reaction, I felt that it is an absolute injustice, that this company is rotten from inside, the directors are sick, and that I would never "prostitute" myself for my position.

Now, that I had time to digest, I feel rather silly giving so much effort. I realized how much importance I gave to my performance, how much I wanted to prove myself, how much strategies I considered in order to have the opportunity to evolve at Perfumes and Passion ltd.

I remember all the stress when I was late with 20 minutes from work just a few weeks before, I almost cried! I tried to inform every manager while washing my teeth during driving, telling them how sorry I am.
I only managed to talk with half of them, cause the rest of them were late too, but I wanted them to know that I am responsible and that they should know that in 20 minutes they can count on me.

Or I remember that I was seriously sick for 2 weeks before I ended up obliging myself to see a doctor, and I felt terribly guilty staying home for few days until I eventually was able to smell aldehydes and liffarome...

After taking my work and my duties so seriously, I have to face the reality, that my position in the company would never depend on my performance. The only successful strategy is dating the heir apparent to the throne.

Time to send some CVs around.

No comments:

Post a Comment