Sunday, March 7, 2010

The new students

Yesterday I have met the new students of Grasse Institute of Perfumery. Only women, with the exception of one Indian boy. He is a lucky guy!

They are pretty, fresh, independent and visibly making a great team already. Or still...
Apart from the fact that we had a nice chat all together, I think I am so much overwhelmed with men in my workplace that I highly appreciated women company! After the Concours de Nez, we went for a drink with most of this year students, 2 of us from my school year and 2 of the one before that. Like a big family!

There was no dispute of where to go, since there is only one pub open in Grasse after 10 PM. It is called Maneken Pis and it is a tribute to the famous Brussels Landmark, a small bronze fountain sculpture depicting a naked boy urinating into the fountain's basin. I ordered good old Mojito after smelling the rather dubious Daiquiri of the Indian boy. My Mojito arrived with mint leaves that probably have yield its soul already months ago, but since I don't like beer, I consider myself lucky compared to my other cocktail drinking fellows.

Students came from all around the world, creating an even more colorful patchwork of cultures than the years before. I usually feel comfortable with people who are at least as much direct as me, so I directly got on well with one girl from the US, one from New Zealand and another one from Canada with Egyptian and Lebanese origins.
The girl from Los Angeles - with who I have spent most time - has a skin so sheer and white as porcelain and she smells naturally elegant like Tonalid!

I had such a good time with these girls I just met few hours ago that I cannot wait to see them again and get to know all their stories of how they got to perfumery.

Perfumer or not, the best way to get friend with somebody is drinking with them. Taking this into consideration, we set it off pretty well and we have high chances that me and the girl from New Zealand will be best friends for ever, because by 2 PM I held her hair in the ladies room while she bended over the toilette.

I think this was the proper way to welcome the new students for 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment