Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Olfactive Flashback X.

The official odor description by Symrise says : highly diffusive, powdery-woody, with notes of ambergris aroma chemical.

Less official odor description: I am at age 10, I stand next to the corn crumbling machine, the white powdery notes of dry cob are mixed with the rusty metallic notes of the old apparatus. These two together, they echo the musty white walls of the chamber in my grandmother's garden. I am not happy, because according to my father, we have to finish crumbling all the corn in the old wooden storage behind the summer kitchen - all of them, by the end of our vacation. What vacation? - I am thinking...
My dissatisfaction is reflected by the dryness and the dark ambery aspect of the scent.

Perfumery is really miraculous. How else would it be possible that a single raw material smells exactly like one complete memory-flow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment