Thursday, December 16, 2010

How does your body smell?

After reading Patrick Süskind's book, I got a bit obsessed of how me and people surrounding me smell like.

It turned out that my mum's skin smells like fresh apple with baby powdery notes when she is not wearing perfumes. One of my best friend in Grasse smells like aneth, even though she never eats it, her hair, her skin and her whole apartment smells of it!!!

To discover your own smell, I suggest to smell the area under the breasts, or your elbow pit after you have spent at least 2 days without using any fragranced products.

Getting to know your smell is a long process, you might not define it perfectly at first time. If you have difficulties, you can sniff your pajamas that you wore for a few nights to have something tangible to analyse.
When I first examined my body smell, I couldn't name exactly what I smell like, but I was directly in love with it!

Sometimes I am capable of smelling myself with an "objective nose", I am not really sure how it works, cause I only had it for a few times so far, but it clearly was a pretty schizophrenic experience! As if for the first time ever, I smelled myself with "somebody else's nose".
To my greatest surprise, I realized that I am being perceived like ozone with a touch of rice powder. ( Beforehand I liked to think of myself as somebody ambery or deep vanilla-ish... )

Apparently, your smell can change due to the change in your diet or if you travel to a different country/continent. Though I hardly believe that from flowery you change to basil, just because you travelled to egypt and ate a pizza, we all know that certain foods like garlic and asparagus have a great effect.

Defining how your body smells like, is part of getting to know yourself and it serves as a major advantage when chosing your signature perfume!

No comments:

Post a Comment