Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Intuition

I remember top perfumers telling me that apart from my intelligence and creativity, what will help me the most in perfume creation is intuition.

I anyways continued to weigh the formulas till the end, even if I already knew that I made an error. I also paid attention during creation when some random raw materials passed through my mind and made trials with them. I often dream with raw materials! I wake up and I have one particular substance in my mind which also most of the time turns out to match my formula.

I sometimes go searching for a raw material and by chance coming back with another - some call it lack of concentration, but what if it really is a divine inspiration to my creation?

Recently, I smell creations and I feel what type of accords are missing from them. Not trying to guess what would match with those accords, but literally missing olfactively some ingredient from the perfumes. I talked about it to my senior perfumer who just smiled proudly at me and said that soon I would be ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment